While we waited on doctors visits and hoped for healing, the show went on without an extra hitch. Everyone really stepped to up fill in for our missing coworkers. Unfortunately, both Allyson and Jessica will be going home for a number of weeks, and as soon as we heard this news we were also informed that a new team member would be joining us and arriving that same evening. Having now met her, Carleigh is a sweet girl who has a big job ahead of her. We all feel anxious about performing with a new person, but Carleigh has our utmost faith and total support. It's all about how to make THIS show work... whatever "this" show is that day.
So, even though the nights have been filled with utter insanity, the days have been filled with fun, adventure and relaxation. I got to see most of the Chicago sights that were on my list and even had a visit from my dear friend, Lizette!!
Navy Pier on the beautiful 80 degree day!
Liz (Belle) and I on the ferris wheel

Out celebrating Gaby's Bday at Salute Wine Bar
Posing with Seurat's "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte"
Lizette and I at Millennium Park
Now, my friends, after a week of settling into a new version of the show, tonight tragedy struck once again. Another member of our ensemble heard a "popping" sound within his right leg in the middle of a dance number. I was supposed to be laughing and talking with him and all of sudden he disappeared! When the song was over, I found out that Clifford was unable to walk with ice surrounding his shin and calf. Soon after he was taken to the emergency room and we are all waiting to hear how he is doing and what is to happen next. I will certainly keep you posted, but needless to say: Never a dull moment here at Beauty and the Beast. Until next time-
Namaste.
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment