Dear Friends
This was my first time to Canada and may I say that it is a beautiful country with nice people and good weather... well, this week anyway. The BTB crew has been here for about 4 days and we have really enjoyed Kitchner, Ontario. The theatre is nice, with a good crew and large dressing rooms. The variety and convenience of restaurants has been a real treat. I have especially enjoyed the thai food (3 days in a row!) sushi and the sweet little coffee shop next to our hotel. But, walking to the theatre each day in 60 degree weather has been the best part. We have had lots of rehearsal (both understudy and cleaning) so there hasn't been too much time to explore and be outside, but the little time we've had is cause to celebrate. It's the little things in life...
This next week we have the schedule from hell... tomorrow morning there is a 7am bus call, drive all day, arrive at a hotel by 8pm. Following morning is a 5am bus call, drive all day, 8pm SHOW. Following day is a 2-show day. Following day is a travel day to Chicago. Following day is rehearsal/evening show, followed by understudy rehearsals each day prior to shows... YOW!! Tour has certainly taught me patience and endurance, and I'm going to have to access every ounce of that in the next few days. But then... Chicago for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!
Oh, one more thing! I taught my first yoga class in the last city and my second one here. One could say I am an international teacher ;) But honestly it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. My hard work, research and care has really paid off and the students seem to truly love the class. I look forward to learning more about teaching and practicing on my own. Here's to saving money for the 300 hr Jivamukti certification ($6,500)
We are all looking forward to staying put in Chicago for little while. Blog about that to come shortly. Until then, wish me luck and take care.
Namaste.
Heather
*Om namah shivaya, om shantih*
No comments:
Post a Comment