Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll

Hey Blog Readers!!
I am pleased to report that I am having a blast on tour :) Everything with the show, the schedule, the activities, the audiences, the costumes, the wigs, the management, the attitudes, etc... it's all going VERY well! I will start by saying that I had a wonderful time in my home town of Dallas. I had a beautiful place to stay, with Jana and Larry Long. They live in a pretty spectacular and extremely convenient high rise apartment in Turtle Creek complete with washer, dryer, kitchen and spare bedroom ;) They were also generous enough to lend me their car, which makes all the difference on tour. We often feel trapped or at least confined to the bus, shuttle or walking a few blocks around the hotel or theatre. But I was able to visit friends, go shopping, go to the dentist, etc with complete freedom. I also was able to see both of my parents! I love having visitors on tour. If you can't go home, you should bring home to you. (That is what tour is all about, incorporating the little things that make you feel at home: shampoo, music, candles, parent visits) But I must say that the highlight of my visit in Dallas was GOING ON AS MRS. POTTS for 3 shows!! This was such a treat and I had an absolute blast playing the role. It really re-ignited my love for singing and speaking in front of an audience... alone :) My passion for performance and heart for climbing the ladder has truly returned. I have some fun photos too!

Now we are in Fayetteville, AK. I must say that this town has been surprisingly pleasant and fun. We are very close to the theatre and have been able to walk a lot. The theatre and hotel are right off of Dixon St, (the main drag of this college town) where there are plenty of places to eat, drink and be merry! We have also been able to use a very beautiful gym, Club Haus, with a great steam room, nice locker rooms and great equipment. The creative team returned to us for the first time since March and were happy to see that we all looked fit, tan, and happy! That's nice to hear, especially from such important and respected folks.

Yesterday was our "golden day" meaning that we have the entire day off. I had a nearly perfect day: Lake, boat, picnic, nice dinner, wine and games with friends. A day that was meant for summer, and all it has to offer. I only wish I had taken more pictures.

Well, I'm off to get some thai food and welcome back Sarah from here leave of absence. Cheers, everyone and as always...


Namaste.
Heather


"Red" the red tail hawk who came to visit the apartment almost daily! Nice view, too... outside my window :)


The first time I put on the "Potts" wig


Me singing "Beauty and the Beast" on Saturday night in Dallas!



Such a lovely moment. All my castmates were so supportive!! Thanks, guys. I was so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment