So I'm here at home now and I've been thinking back on the amazing summer I had. Both during the show and during our layoff, I have seen the East coast, West coast, North, South and a couple of Hawaiian Islands. Here are a few highlights and the things I've missed the most:
My friends, of course. I miss them the most of all!

Here we are in front of "The Thinker" at the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City!
Messing around in the dressing room in Fayetteville, AK

San Francisco Bus Tour!! (it was a little windy that day)

Cake Bread Cellars (Napa Valley) had never seen so many crazy girls!!

Riding in the air above Sterling Vineyards

First Hawaiian Night... A free Booze Cruise from our company, Networks!

Same Boat, different day. This time we went snorkeling!

Here we are in the water!

Our day off in Hawaii at the Hawaii Polo Club on the North Shore. Such a beautiful back drop.

A little visit to "the others" houses from a little show called... LOST!

Parasailing with my boyfriend for a day, Brandon. :)
And then, there was Maui...

Another day, another island, another boat...

My housemates in Lahaina, Maui. We're standing in the largest Banyan Tree in the world!

Just our private beach, no big deal.

That was our backyard for a week in Maui. Gaby and I are walking to the beach with our tubes around our waists :)

The Seven Sacred Pools along the Hana Highway in Maui. I'm striking a lotus pose, back when I could bend my knees.

Back from Hawaii to the mainland, and reality. But reality wasn't so bad, actually... it was San Antonio.

And over to the West Coast to San Diego. We had a great apartment and decided to have a few big dinners together. Sarah Claire and I were proud of our vegetarian vegetables

And I was Julia Child for Halloween ;)
But sitting here on my couch, with ice on my knee, the thing I miss the most is my asana practice. I miss yoga. Here are some awesome pictures I had taken by my friend Jen while we were still in O'ahu.

This is my teaching yoga on the beach. We're all sporting "Lizard Pose" a good hip opener!

Pachimotanasana with a smile :)

Sarvangasana (shoulder stand) with a variation of lotus feet

I am so proud of this picture. It took me years to achieve this posture.

Backbend variation. Urdva Dandurasana

My downward facing dog got caught in the waves. I laughed.
So folks, there you have it. My life has changed completely. One minute I was racing around the globe, having the time of my life and then somehow I ended up stuck on the couch. But I know that all this happened for a reason, whether to make me more grateful for my job and my friends or to show me to slow down a little. I am trying to use this time as productively as possible, and by the time I return back to work, I'll be fresh, tan and ready to take on the tour. Until then,
Namaste and Take each step like it's your last... it might be for a while. You never know!
Heather
Beautiful post! We miss you so much on tour! Keep practicing you sign language ;) Heal quickly and come back to us! Loved your blog!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Traci