Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Opening, Another Show

These are the lyrics to a song from "Kiss Me Kate" and very fitting seeing as Beauty and the Beast just opened! Providence was the perfect place to open. The audiences we so gracious and packed the house night after night, matinees and all! The opening night party was a ball. NETworks really went all out on food, a DJ and cakes the shape of Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs Potts and Chip. Now that I am in Peoria I will say that I miss Providence very much. It had the convenience of NYC restaurants and choices of food, drink, exercise etc, but it also had the sweetness of a small town.

Over the past two weeks I learned a lot about myself and pushing my body through 12 hour days for 14 days straight. But the show is in wonderful shape! We are still changing things left and right, which is the cool thing about having the creative team with us through our "previews" or "soft opening." The first day we had an audience at the PPAC in Providence, we completely changed "Be Out Guest" that morning and had to wing it that evening. YOW! I still can't believe the amount of stress and pressure we were under during those last few days of tech. But, alas that is over now and we finally have a few days off.

I am sitting in my bed at the hotel in Peoria and wondering how this week is going to turn out. After an exhausting 12 hour day of travel yesterday, most of us did very little today on our day off. Tomorrow we have another sort of "tech" rehearsal schedule from 12:00-11:00pm. We are supposed to be shooting out commercial but about 70% of the cast is sick!! Belle and Lefou were vomiting and hospitalized yesterday. Babette, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and multiple ensemble members have nasty colds. My roommate it one of them and I am trying everything to stay healthy!

Unfortunately I do not have too much more to report, as I am still half-way exhausted. Hopefully more info about understudy rehearsal will be coming soon.

Om Shantih.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment