Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Restaurant Review: Peoria!

Hello Friends,

I promised I would blog about interesting restaurants along the way, and I think I found one worthy of your interest. Let me preface this review by saying that Peoria has very few choices for dining (as I am sure you can imagine.) In our little hotel, we have a Bennigan's Tavern and Grill that serves fried meat, fried vegetables, and fried desserts. Near the theatre there is a Jimmy John's sandwich shop and a few local cafe's that close around 3 or 4pm. (why???) So.... what is the alternative, you ask??

ONE WORLD CAFE

This is what I like to call a "hippie restaurant," which is a name to fondly describe an establishment that serves vegetarian and vegan options. One World Cafe is a sweet little joint that seemed to be very popular last night (friday) and has a huge variety of vegan, vegetarian and meat loving cuisine. One of my favorite parts about this place is how cheap it is! I had a lovely glass of wine for only $5.00!! Gotta love the midwest. For my entree I had a crisp, green salad served with a delicious sun-dried tomato vinegarette. Secondly, penne pasta with broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and tofu which was drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with garlic. This dish was what I happened to be in the mood for, but they offer endless sandwiches (hot and cold) soups, salads, hummus dishes, breakfast dishes and appetizers for any appetite. Just delightful!

So, my friends, if you ever get the chance to visit the entirely boring town of Peoria, Illinois, you know that you have a decent place to eat delicious and healthy food.

Bon appetit!

Heather

www.oneworld-cafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment