Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bonjour!

Hello Bloggers!

It's been one week since my last post and we have accomplished so much! The rehearsal process has been quite different this week, meaning that some days we are dancing all day, focusing on only one number and the next day we are doing full runs. For me, it is really exciting to run through the show. There is a sense of continuity and the acting is a little easier. Yesterday we had a "Designer Run" for the technical staff and some Disney and Networks executives to see what we've been working on for the past three weeks. Needless to say they were very pleased. Rob (director) seemed to be very proud of us, saying that we were very far ahead of expected schedule. We still have two weeks of rehearsal (including tech) before we open, so it can only get better from here.

As an ensemble member I am learning how important details are. Before each number I have all the things I must remember racing through my head. The trick is trying to let it go and smile when I'm on stage. I must say that the ensemble really has the hardest job. We must work as a team at all times, be responsible for carrying the background of the show and continue the untold story. We have most of the physical work with dancing, moving set pieces etc. I think as audience members we should pay more attention to the ensemble because they fill in the tiny gaps that makes the magic seem real. I remember when I saw Ragtime on Broadway, I watched the ensemble members quite a bit because I knew one of them. They were so invested in the show and had their own stories going on at all times. That is what really completes the picture.

The cast members have been having a lot of fun in and out of rehearsal. Ronkonkoma/Bellport/Happauge Long Island is a very small community with very little to do, but we always seem to find something! Last night a big group of us went bowling. It was so much fun to let off some steam after a long and semi-stressful day. It's really amazing how well we all get along. There don't seem to be any people butting heads or opposite personalities warring, and for that, I am grateful.

Take Care, Bloggers, and if you are my family and friends reading this, know that I miss you very much.

Om Shantih.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the ensemble is the hardest job physically. I would say Justin and Liz have the hardest emotionally...and I think Chandon trumps me mentally! :)

    I look forward to sharing the stage with you! You'll have to fill me in on some of the backstories--and then we'll play!

    :)

    (((LOVE)))

    ReplyDelete