Friday, January 29, 2010

Posting from Providence!

Hello Beautiful Bloggers!

I am posting from Providence, RI this evening and let me start by saying we are all on cloud nine here at Beauty and the Beast 2010. This is such a beautiful, quaint little city and I am loving it. Despite the bitter cold, the chance to transport by foot again is a relief (for the New Yorkers anyway!) The view from our lovely hotel is stunning, day or night. Last night, gigantic snow flakes were covering the pavement and it made for a sweet New England wonderland.

Yesterday was our first "travel day," and first of many. Technically they are days "off" but as I am sure all of you know, traveling is nothing short of exhausting...especially on a charter bus! But once we got to our destination things started looking up. The hotel is right downtown in the middle of everything (mall, pharmacy, restaurants, bars, starbucks etc.) and it seems to be more friendly than the Long Island staff so far. EXCEPT: When I checked into Long Island I asked for a mini fridge and microwave immediately which came in handy for saving the pennies. Now we are on a "list," so we'll see.

**Word to the wise: If you are ever in a hotel for any reason, ask for a mini fridge/microwave to store leftovers, breakfast items, etc. This will SAVE YOU MONEY and at the very least help you reheat your starbucks. Just do it.**

Now for the good stuff...

This afternoon we went to the theatre for the first time. Let me just express my love for this venue. Nothing could be more ornate, spectacular or perfect for this show and this show's opening. It compliments the set perfectly and all of our jaws dropped upon entering the house. I wish all of you could see this in person, because the photos so NOT do it justice, but they give you an idea.




I wish I could post pictures of the set, but then I would be fired.... so I guess you'll just have to come and see the show to experience the magic ;)

We have been in tech rehearsal ALL day long, in a dark theatre, so I am quite ready to go to sleep. More blogs to come... tales of dress rehearsals and quick changes galore! Goodnight out there.

Om Shantih.

Heather

3 comments:

  1. break a leg and happy opening, heath! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm there! Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That theatre is gorgeous. What an amazing venue to begin your adventure!

    I hear you on those travel days. We're in a mini-charter bus. Sleeping can be a chore.

    ReplyDelete