So, I've been living in Long Island for a week now and for the most part, it's been pretty enjoyable. Rehearsals are going so well. Rob Roth (director) was so proud to announce that we have read through the show twice, learned all the music, started teaching all by 2 ensemble numbers, blocked all of Act 1, staged all scene changes and completed all preliminary costume fittings in 6 days! Whoa, that's a LOT! The schedule has been pretty swanky too... Wake up. Go to the gym. Shower. Eat. Rehearse. Eat. Rehearse. Hot tub/bar/hang out. sleep. Start over. In other words, there is a lot of down time in between working really hard, which makes for a nice balance.
I've enjoyed getting to know everyone. We all have our little archetypes: the quiet one, the loud one, the funny one, the gay one, the straight one that acts gay, the gay one that acts straight... you get the idea. I must say it's a little crazy that we are going to be spending a year together in this little bubble of people.. no one else. Get back to me in a few months and I'll let you know how all that works out! It is nice that everyone seems to take very good care of themselves. We all go to the gym, eat pretty healthfully, etc. I like being around people like that. And not to mention, the talent is amazing. Everyone's singing voices are so beautiful and I can't wait to see the scene work.
The team (Sam, Matt, Carolyn) said that they are going to work with the understudies once we get to Peoria. That was such a relief because learning my own track right now seems like huge thing. I honestly don't know how the swings are surviving right now. One of them, Chandon, is the dance captain and she has to know EVERYONE's blocking, voice parts, and choreography throughout the ENTIRE SHOW. She is literally the go-to person for each and every little step. Wow.
Today is our first day off and I am enjoying the freedom. I have the room to myself and the day to do whatever I please. It's been nice to catch up with people today, so feel free to call me anytime all you folks out there. I miss everyone!!
Take Care, Om Shantih.
Heath
Sounds like an amazing tour experience so far. I think you're going to have an amazing year and it is so nice to be able to keep up with your adventures here on this blog!
ReplyDeleteDylan
So you've done 2 sets of Beauty and the Beast read throughs?
ReplyDeleteI think the correct way to label that is:
BnB RT 2x1 - Body Weight
i'm so glad it's going well! i hope the rest of the rehearsal process is wonderful and this year is a fantastic one for you. i miss you already, although i'm sure if you still lived here i wouldn't have seen you anyway. ha! love you heath!
ReplyDelete